Time & Location
About the Event
Creative Action Institute is proud to announce the first EAGLS Tanzania.
Each year Creative Action Institute organizes and facilitates the East African Girls’ Leadership Summit (EAGLS Regional), which brings together girls from across the East African region to build their creative leadership and advocacy skills, so they can be effective changemakers who break down barriers to girls’ education and gender equality in their communities and beyond. This is paired with training for women mentors, who guide the girls’ as they activate their leadership skills. All of this work is infused with experiential, creative and art-based tools to increase participation and learning. To date we have worked with 231 girls, 76 mentors at 35 organizations in 5 countries.
However, each year there are more girls who want to participate than we can host. To solve this challenge, we are scaling EAGLS through national-level Summits. The content will mirror EAGLS Regional, bringing field-tested leadership curriculum to girls in rural and remote places. Girls will leave the Summit with increased:
- knowledge of their leadership qualities, influences, and strengths,
- knowledge about their human rights, specifically to education, health, safety, economic security, and citizenship,
- knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights and how to affirm and care for their bodies,
- knowledge about gender-based violence and how to set boundaries,
- self-confidence and the ability to appreciate and affirm others,
- public speaking skills, and
- how to use art as a tool for social change and advocacy
**Please note that your space is not reserved until you complete payment and complete our registration form.**